Shadowboxing is a fundamental part of boxing and Muay Thai training with tremendous benefits.
It is usually used as a warm-up exercise and a part to finish your training to cool down.
In shadowboxing, a contender moves around the room and throws punches at the air in a way that mimics fighting or sparring.
WHY TO SHADOWBOX?
1. Warm-up and prepare for training session
With no doubts, shadow boxing makes for a great full-body warm-up before any training session.
2. Practice and sharpen combination
Shadowbox helps you build muscle memory. You can train and memorize all combinations and techniques you learn previously.
What is muscle memory?
Muscle memory is the phenomenon of being able to perform complex tasks with ease, accuracy, and seemingly on autopilot.
3. Correct mistakes
While shadowboxing you can watch yourself in mirror and see clearly your mistakes in throwing punches, your speed, balance, and stance.
OUR TIPS WHEN SHADOWBOXING
- Bend your knees
- Watch your footwork (don’t cross your feet, find your perfect balance)
- Distribute your weight properly
- Always hands up
- Throw fake attacks to provoke your opponent
- Close your elbows
- Practice moving at various speeds to create different rhythm
- Chin always down
- After a combination never put your hands down, always be prepared for counter attack
- Change your angle after any combination to avoid a counter attack
- Imagine your opponent as it is a real fight
- Practice your defenses - parries, head evasions, blocks
These were our tips for shadowboxing! How often do you shadowbox? Leave in comments below
Whatever sports you love, this is your destination - Muay Thai Outlet shop is an online shopping website for every sport lover.
Keeping customers satisfaction in mind.
Delivery worldwide in a few days!